Announcing SQL Jobs in the Employers and Employees Forum

• Hello!

As a Recruiter for Volt Technical Resources in Redmond, Washington, am I able to announce our SQL Developer, DBA and T-SQL positions? I noticed that there are a few companies on this forum that have posted job openings?

Please announce the proper protocol, I don't want to get banned from the site.

Thanks!

Coby Barrus

Social Networking Administrator

Sr. Internet Recruiting Lead - E-Recruiting / Job Posting Coordinator

Volt Technical Resources | 11261 Willows Road, Suite 200 | Redmond, WA 98052

cbarrus@volt.com | YouCan@volt.com | http://jobs.volt.com | t: 425.702.9000 | tf: 800.253.9605 | f: 425.702.0315

• I believe the proper place is http://jobs.sqlservercentral.com/ instead of the forums.

Hope that works well for you!

David

@SQLTentmaker

โ€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loseโ€ - Jim Elliot

• Thank you for your reply David.

I do notice some others who have posted their jobs in this forum, shouldn't their job posts be somehow removed by the moderator?

:unsure:

• They should, and I'll take a look.

• Coby Barrus (7/31/2008)

Hello!

As a Recruiter for Volt Technical Resources in Redmond, Washington, am I able to announce our SQL Developer, DBA and T-SQL positions? I noticed that there are a few companies on this forum that have posted job openings?

Please announce the proper protocol, I don't want to get banned from the site.

Thanks!

Coby Barrus

Social Networking Administrator

Sr. Internet Recruiting Lead - E-Recruiting / Job Posting Coordinator

Volt Technical Resources | 11261 Willows Road, Suite 200 | Redmond, WA 98052

cbarrus@volt.com | YouCan@volt.com | http://jobs.volt.com | t: 425.702.9000 | tf: 800.253.9605 | f: 425.702.0315

I think you are smarter than most of the recruiter here (no joking) because by saying you are a recruiter and is looking for some dba / sql developer, you already promote yourself.

On the other hand, personally, if I were you, as a recruiter, I'd post some eye-catching topics like "Qualified DBA from a recruiter perspective", "Too difficult to fill a DBA position", "Market trends for SQL Server DBAs -- What employers are looking for?" etc, etc. I believe these posts will no doubt catch lots of attentions from the SSC community, you know all DBAs enjoy challenges, for example, if you say it is difficult to find a qualified DBA (giving sufficient evidences), I think many candidates will probably jump out. ๐Ÿ˜›

Anyway, I do hope that we can see some posts from a professional recruiter sharing with us some job market trends, salary (rate) information and some other topics etc esp. for sql server professionals.

• I like Jeffreyโ€™s idea.

Further, if I were you, I would write an article or a series of articles to introduce

who I am,

what I am looking,

why should work for Volt (Volt ~ Microsoft)

any successful story working for Volt, etc.

The important part is why I am looking for people here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are already at SSC. You can do some research and target to those have high points.

BTW, you can earn $25 dollars for writing an article here.

• I got a lot of invite from Linkedin from a lot of recruiters. I think the trend is using Linkedin to find the candidate.

• Thank you everyone for the great advice. I'll put some deep thought in to writing up a few articles regarding recruiting trends, the Volt environment, technical recruiting, etc. This is a great approach without actually going against the forum rules laid out for all of us. I am excited to do this! I am on LinkedIn a lot but am trying other avenues as well. Thank you everyone for your support, you are all wonderful to have shared your thoughts with me. I hope to be back here soon!

• Coby Barrus (8/5/2008)

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I'll put some deep thought in to writing up a few articles regarding recruiting trends, the Volt environment, technical recruiting, etc. This is a great approach without actually going against the forum rules laid out for all of us. I am excited to do this! I am on LinkedIn a lot but am trying other avenues as well. Thank you everyone for your support, you are all wonderful to have shared your thoughts with me. I hope to be back here soon!

After you finish these articles, you may be the MVP of recruiter for SQL Server Professionals. ๐Ÿ˜›

Steve, pls give Coby's article a high priority in publishing schedule if possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

• BTW, Can I email my resume to you?

• Yes, of course you may email your resume to me. I will be happy to help you and anyone else out in getting their resumes in front of our clients.

Have a great weekend everyone!!:)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply