Analytical Map not showing color

• Created an analytical color map using 2008 R2, deployed to an R2 reportserver, yet it is not showing any colors? Tried several methods, creating from scratch, creating through the map wizard, summing the field, just using the field value without summing it, etc. Although it appears to be set up correctly, it will not display the colors?

Any ideas? screenshots attached.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Stefan Krzywicki (12/15/2011)

I haven't used these before, but I'm guessing the third image is where there should be color, but isnt? Is the query that populates this map returning data? 'cause that's what it looks like to me, no data returned. Sorry for asking such a simple question.

you're right on the images. However, the query does return data, so it's not that.

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Does it work in BIDS?

How did you configure the analytical dataset and how do you link it with the map?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• OMG!

Fricking case insensitive, I was returning all caps as stored in the db, default countyname in the included maps are proper case.

Oh well, at least I figured it out.

Thanks for trying to help Stefan/Koen.

• jcrawf02 (12/16/2011)

OMG!

Fricking case insensitive, I was returning all caps as stored in the db, default countyname in the included maps are proper case.

Oh well, at least I figured it out.

Thanks for trying to help Stefan/Koen.

I wouldn't have guessed that one, so I'm glad you found it yourself 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply