Analysis Services Tabular

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Analysis Services Tabular

• Thanks. I learned something on this one.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Great question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Very interesting one. Thank you for post, Steven. 🙂

(Now this is what I call as learning....; well, from Feb 4th question I gained the knowledge which I was able to implement on today's QtoD)

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• great question..

needed some research on this topic, but worth it.

Thanks Steven.

• Had to do some R&D on this this to get it right.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• My pleasure folks. I am trying to increase the number of BI questions on QotD even if I may getting laid off in 90 days--HAHA--in which case you may even see MORE SSAS questions (if Steve's ok with it).

• Interesting question. Extremely hard for us SSAS-ignorant types.

Looking for the answer first made it clear that "partitions" was wrong and then led me to the document referenced in the explanation. With that document, 20 minutes of skim reading made me pick the right answer - but I wasn't at all sure it would be right, the document isn't really skimmable by people without at bit of SSAS background.

Tom

• I learned something too. I went right for partition processing since that's where multidimensional processing really benefits.

I have enjoyed seeing the stuff I work on featured in the question several days in a row.

I also appreciated the clear, concise explanation of why I answered the question wrong.

• I'll try to have some submissions on SSAS Multidimensional and Tabular security along with Multidimensional Actions/Drillthrough in a few weeks.....maybe mix in a few data mining doozies in there too. Stay sharp y'all 🙂

• Oh yes.....special thanks to Greg Galloway, SSAS Maestro, for validating my submissions.

• Nice question Steven! I really need to read up on tabular models more. If I had a place to run 2012 that would help!

• Great question, took me back to the library

Hope this helps...

Ford Fairlane
    Rock and Roll Detective

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks for a really interesting question, Steven!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply