Analysis Services Multidimensional

• Revenant (2/3/2014)

m mcdonald (2/3/2014)

Carlo Romagnano (2/2/2014)

I also found this doc from MSDN that explains the answer

SSAS2005PerfGuide.doc

+1

That's the resource I found[/quote

There is also SSASPerfGuide2008R2 which is more up to date.

+ 1. I think I spent about 20 minutes on this question as I read through numerous sites and whitepapers. SSAS 2008R2 Perf Guide and Jeremy King's shrinkable vs non-shrinkage memory blog entry were most useful to me. This was a nice question and an area that I need to learn more about as our cube use grows at work.

• Carlo Romagnano (2/2/2014)

SSAS2005PerfGuide.doc

+1

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Hany Helmy (2/6/2014)

Carlo Romagnano (2/2/2014)

SSAS2005PerfGuide.doc

+1

+1

I have practiced on some basic SSAS and this is new territory for me. So giving some good searching for it helped me. I reached the above link which clarified. Need to study some more on this.

• If you are on SQL 2005, then use that document; otherwise, quite a few enhancements have been made to the SSAS Engine since then. There is now a consolidated Analysis Services Performance AND Operations guide applicable to SQL Server 2008 through 2012 (multidimensional mode only).

There is a separate document for performance tuning the SSAS tabular model, and hardware considerations are quite different than the classic multi-dimensional model. I did not attend PASS 2013, but I know Greg Galloway spoke about the tabular performance tuning white paper at the conference.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply