Analysis Services Installation Question

• I have installed this only once and when I did it would not work. I later found out I need to apply some service pack or something like that. My problem is this, I can't remember what I did to get it working. Does anyone out there know what needs to be applied in order for the Analyssi Services to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi tygun,

I think it would help if you gave us more of the details of your hardware and software. Without knowing those details, I would recommend installing the latest service pack for Analysis Services (SP3) after you have installed Analysis Services. The service pack for Analysis Services is contained in the same directory as SQL Server. Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/2000/sp3.asp%5B/url%5D

I have been able to install SQL and AS on the same box. I installed SQL first, then AS. Due to our corporate standard (SQL SP3), I had to install the latest Service Pack. I installed the Service Pack on SQL first. I didn't stop any of the services in advance, so I had to reboot the machine. (I still don't have a lot of faith in the "no need to reboot" statement!) I then installed the AS service pack, and rebooted. I haven't had a problem on this server.

I hope this helps.

Hardware:

Dell 4 x 2 Ghz Xeon, 8 GB Ram, etc.

Software:

Windows 2000 Advanced Server

SQL 2000 SP3

AS SP3

• It's true that you can install SQL Server and AS in one box. But remember not to install AS and VS .NET in one box. It's never work with me, even with SP3. I think the problem is MDAC that used in VS .NET (v 2.7)

Or is there anybody solve this problem?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply