Analysis Services Change Location OLAP\Config

• Installing SQL Server 2008 Standard edition on a Windows 2003 Cluster has been a learning experience. Such as installing the required Hit Fix KB9374444.

I got to the point to run the install and notice the configuration folder location for Analysis Services configuration folder was on the backup drive which is listed first alphabetically. To move it to another drive, I canceled the installation and skipped adding the backup drive to the Cluster Disk Selection pane. On the data directories pane, I specified an alternate drive as the default backup for SQL Server DBMS and Analysis services.

Its still not on the drive I would prefer but its is closer.

How do I move the Analysis Configuration File?

I have thought about uninstalling SQL Server, modifying the generated configuration file, and installing SQL Server using the configuration file. Would this work?

David Bird

• I found the solution I was looking for. I wanted to be able to use the installation GUI and still be able to specify the Analysis Services configuration folder location.

The trick is to startup the installation at the same time specifying the location of the Analysis Services configuration folder location. The type of installation is also required because its default was for a none clustered installation.

Here is a sample of the command executed from the command line

setup.exe /ACTION=InstallFailoverCluster /ASCONFIGDIR="X:\OLAP\Config"

David Bird

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply