Analysis Server Properties not showing

• Hi,

I was trying to figure out the reason as to why one of the users was not able to deploy a cube to the Analysis server and in the midst, i made the isbuiltinserveradministrator to false and the 2 properties next to them as false. All of a sudden i dont get to see any of the properties of the Analysis server. When i try to click on the restore defaults, it throws me an error stating that either I dont have access to the server or the server doesnt exist

Please help

Wisenut :crying:

• With that setting off, you deny access to local server Administrations group.

To restore the settings try this:

1. Stop the server

2. Open msmdsrv.ini file located in the installation dir.

3. Locate BuiltinAdminsAreServerAdmins tag.

4. Change the value to 1.

5. Start the server.

If you want to deny access to Administrators group, first add yourself to the Analysis Services server role.

• Thanks a lot it worked.. Couple of questions on this..

1) Is there any recommendation as to which account the SQL Server Analysis Services should be running on. As of now it is set up to run as a local system account.

2) I am a system admin on the box and i am able to deploy cubes from a remote location. I have a user who reports to have issues while trying to deploy the cube on the server. Is there any special permissions that I have to set for her account so that she can deploy the cube..

Thanks

Wisenut

• 1. It have to run on a very limited account. It depends on the type of access to network or data sources if you configure it with a local or domain account.

See here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174905.aspx

2. Create a database role with full control access and add the user to it.

• Thanks a lot.. One clarrification on the second point. Do i create the role on the Analysis Server or the Database Engine. If its on the Analysis Server, then do i need to set up the database first.. Getting a little bit confused here. Sorry for the questions

:ermm:

• The role must be added in Analysis Services to the database where your user wants to deploy cubes.

Yes, you have to create the database first.

• Thanks a lot, whew that was a bit of information. Suppose the Servername is Server1 and I created a database Test1, then when the user tries to deploy the cube what should be the destination of the deployment. is Server1\Test1

• In BIDS you go to Project Properties -> Deployment, on Target section, there are options for server and database.

• Hi any idea about this error

Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while an operation was being performed on a data source view: Could not load type 'System.Data.Keywords' from assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' due to value type mismatch..

Thanks

Wisenut

• THANK YOU!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply