An interesting problem: SQL 2000 ENT

• Here is a relatively interesting stumper. The first symptom is a linked server connecting to an access database will not work on one node in a cluster. The second symptom is on that same cluster node, the server network tools will not load if it is the active node. The setup parameters are as follows: Windows 2000 SP2, SQL Server 2000 Enterprise SP2.

Now this is where it gets interesting. I noticed that the version of MDAC dlls on the "problem" node are from MDAC 2.6 RTM (SQL Server 2000) and the version on the working node is MDAC 2.6 SP2 (SQL Server 2000 SP2). I received no errors installing SQL 2000 service pack 2, although it seems the problem node has the wrong, older version of the MDAC dlls.

So far I have tried running the MDAC 2.6 SP 2 refresher on the problem node, with no success. I am very limited as far as troubleshooting is concerned, meaning failovers will be few and far between. Saying all of that, is there anyone who may have any questions as to how I might be able to approach this? Also, does it seem reasonable to assume that the inconsistent file versions may be the problem, judging by the symptoms? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric S.

• Please follow the thread of the same name in the administration section.

Thanks,

Eric S.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply