An Integration Services class cannot be found - How to resolve

• Hi,

I am using SQL Server 2008 R2

I have created an SSIS package and executing it thr asp.net application using the below line of code

Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application app = new Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application();

string PackagePath = Server.MapPath("~/General") + @"\Pages\Import.dtsx";

package = app.LoadPackage(PackagePath, null);

This is working fine with 32 bit application. If i deploy the application in 64 bit OS (Windws 2008), i am getting error :An Integration Services class cannot be found. Make sure that Integration Services is correctly installed on the computer that is running the application. Also, make sure that the 64-bit version of Integration Services is installed if you are running a 64-bit application.

The web server has SSIS Component installed in it.

Please guide me to resolve this issue

• Did you install Integration Services independantly??...

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

• Yes we have installed the SSIS component indenpendely on the server.

Note : Same thing works fine if my web server os is 32 bit (Eg : Windows 2003 32 bit)

• I am not sure about this(haven't faced such a problem before), but maybe the SSIS installed is the 32 bit version and may not work for 64 bit.

Have you checked what version the SSIS is?? 32bit or 64bit??

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

• How do we check the installaed version (which bit) SSIS

• I believe this would help you.

64-bit Considerations for Integration Services

Vinu Vijayan

• rvasanth (4/16/2012)

Yes we have installed the SSIS component indenpendely on the server.

Note : Same thing works fine if my web server os is 32 bit (Eg : Windows 2003 32 bit)

Sorry, I had missed this post.

If the same thing works with the 32 bit OS, then I think that you are using a 32 bit version of SSIS which is not compatible with your 64 bit OS.

While I was reading the link I gave in the last post, I came across some things regarding the OS taking the 32 bit by default. I think you should go through the link I had given. It might help you.

Vinu Vijayan

• The point here is, i am getting the error whilc creating the object for application class. ie. before loading the package. I am not sure whether i will get issue while loading the package. Before that i need to create object for application class

• Thanks for all your help.

Finally, i could able to resolve this issue by installing 32 bit SSIS component (selection x86 option during installation) on the web server

• You're welcome.

Always happy to help.:-)

Vinu Vijayan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply