An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later. When viewing datasosurces SSRS 2017

• Migrated data from SSRS 2008 R2 to SSRS 2017 using the Reporting Services Migration Tool from MS.
    Everything looks fine except one thing.
    Before the migration, I could view and manage datasources in the web interface of SSRS reports.
    After the migration, when viewing Properties or Subscriptions for datasources, I get the error message "An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later." and after I click on Cancel, I am in read-only mode.

For the security and dependent items tabs, I can get in and modify with no problems.

Anyone have a clue as to what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks -
    Michael

• I was, by the way, able to update and deploy a datasource from VS2017, and thus change the datasource from one database to another, with success. But cannot access that same datasource via the web interface.

• Michael Gerholdt - Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:34 PM

Migrated data from SSRS 2008 R2 to SSRS 2017 using the Reporting Services Migration Tool from MS.
    Everything looks fine except one thing.
    Before the migration, I could view and manage datasources in the web interface of SSRS reports.
    After the migration, when viewing Properties or Subscriptions for datasources, I get the error message "An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later." and after I click on Cancel, I am in read-only mode.

For the security and dependent items tabs, I can get in and modify with no problems.

Anyone have a clue as to what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks -
    Michael

The very informative "Something went wrong" error is generally used for configuration issues. And it can be due to quite a few things. The first place to check would be the Reporting Services logs and see what errors you can find in the logs.

Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply