alwaysON secondary database in restricted mode

• Secondary replica database(setup in async mode) of AlwaysON went in "restricted mode" during weekly reindex operation.

So I have tried below steps

1) Executed following statement on the same secondary replica database where the issue exists

alter database <DBNAME> set multi_user with rollback immediate

but it failed with the error saying "The operation cannot be performed on database "dbname" because it is involved in a database mirroring session or an availability group. Some operations are not allowed on a database that is participating in a database mirroring session or in an availability group. ALTER DATABASE statement failed."

2) Primary database is multi_user but still tried following command on primary replia database(thinking it will replicate)

alter database <DBNAME> set multi_user

but no luck. The secondary alwaysON database shows (synchronizing) as the alwaysON is set in async mode but the command doesn't replicate across secondary

so we are left with the only option to re-setup alwaysON but I want to avoid it as database size is huge..

any other options or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

• Tush (6/27/2015)

Secondary replica database(setup in async mode) of AlwaysON went in "restricted mode" during weekly reindex operation.

So I have tried below steps

1) Executed following statement on the same secondary replica database where the issue exists

alter database <DBNAME> set multi_user with rollback immediate

but it failed with the error saying "The operation cannot be performed on database "dbname" because it is involved in a database mirroring session or an availability group. Some operations are not allowed on a database that is participating in a database mirroring session or in an availability group. ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

Have you checked the logs to see why this happened

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Yeah.. but didn't got any clue from errorlog or trace.. :ermm:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply