AlwaysOn Listener on Multi subnet AG

• Hi all,

Im trying to build out an AlwaysOn AG with 2 nodes each in a different subnet (in AWS if that matters), windows 2012r2 / SQL 2014 RTM

I created a AG Listener with 2 ip address, 1 for each subnet (checked that neither ip address are used). But whenever i failover the AG to the secondary, and try and connect via the listener it fails,

Im trying to connect via SSMS from the primary instance. and just time out, If i roll over to the primary i can connect no issues, ive tried playing with the connection settings, upping the time out to 30 secs, adding the MultiSubnetFailover=true. etc but not getting any joy.

Any advise? guessing im missing something obvious, but I cant see the wood through the trees any more.

S

• start by reading this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Sorry for the delay in replying!

thanks for the link, i had been using that to try and resolve the issue. Finally solved it with playing with AWS network connections. It seems an AWS Instance that you configure to use a Listener (AKA a secondary IP) will have to have its network interface altered to add the secondary IP or it will just throw it away!

Cheers

S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply