AlwaysOn Issue

• We've had an AlwaysOn cluster in Azure that is deploying using a Domain Independent cluster. We did our normal failover process to update to CU20. Unfortunately 2 of our 4 data bases ended up in a state of "Not Synchronizing" on the secondary.

There were no errors. SQL Logs on the secondary show the DB coming up normally, recovering, running CheckDB, all good. Then it just sits there. Manually removing and adding, yielded this error

For help, click: https://docs.microsoft.com/sql/relational-databases/errors-events/mssqlserver-35250-database-engine-error

Server Name: PROD-SQL-01

Error Number: 35250

Here's the rub though. This error is a "Connection error" and with hours of research EVERY EXAMPLE I COULD FIND - this would be a system-wide issue. As it sales the secondary can't talk to the primary. BUT IT CAN! Two of the databases work and if I add/remove new databases they work. Its just these two databases that refuse to connect.

Any ideas on what could cause a database-specific failure to connect (3525) error in an otherwise healthy cluster (AlwaysOn health, Windows Cluster health, etc).

1. Reboot didn't work
    2. Time didn't work (it wasn't doing anything) + Logs show the DBs were fine
    3. Forcing suspend and resume movement from both the Primary and Secondary didn't work
    4. I did a LOT of verifications

1. Certificate "credentials" are valid
      2. Listeners are active and working with proper missions
      3. Etc - all the troubleshooting steps - but these would always be SYSTEM WIDE, not just affecting one DB.

NOTE the "Fix" was to completely remove the two DBs from the AG, back up, restore with no recovery, re-add, and then resume. This took HOURS as it was a 1TB DB.

Thank you so much for ideas.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  rudy_rosa.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Ooops, I see you already commented on our similar post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply