Always on AG

• I have availability group configured with multiple secondary replica's. Looking to additional secondary replica to Azure. Is that possible?

• It should be possible - I think it depends on the version and maybe edition.  How much effort is involved in setting it up may have changed with SQL Server 2022.  I remember seeing a demo a while back that showed it could be done quite easily but I don't know if that feature was included.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• I was referring to SQL 2017 Enterprise edition. It might be possible on azure vm node. But I am looking for Setup Alwayson with one node onprem and one azure managed instance. Is it still possible?

• Any thoughts about extend on premises always on availability group to azure managed Instance

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  sqlguru.
  • So you changed it from Azure to an Azure Managed Instance - and no, it isn't currently possible to setup an AG with an on-prem instance and an Azure Managed Instance.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply