Alternative to the Microsoft MMC Console

• I'm also getting an error when running the Connections.asp page

Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x80004005)

The include file 'inc/stuff.inc' was not found.

/test/NewMMC/Connections.asp, line 5

• Sorry all, I have been gone for the last week due to my wife having our second child.

Thanks to Steve Jones, the zip file available for download within the article now includes the files needed for the right click and disconnect functionality.

• The /inc folder simply contained my connections to my SQL server.  Seeing as this is a SQL server specific site, I assumed that people would know how to create databases, tables, and connections to the database.  For those that need help in this area, here is the script to create the table and stored proc.

USE [MyDatabase]

GO

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[Servers]    Script Date: 08/02/2006 09:06:16 ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

SET ANSI_PADDING ON

GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Servers](

[MyDatabase_ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,

[Name] [varchar](100) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,

[Active] [bit] NULL,

[Location] [varchar](50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,

[Description] [varchar](500) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL

) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

SET ANSI_PADDING OFF

/**************************Stored Procedure**************************/

USE [MyDatabase]

GO

/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[spTSWeb]    Script Date: 08/02/2006 09:16:21 ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS OFF

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[spTSWeb] AS

Select [Name]

,Location AS Loc

,Description AS Desc

From Servers

Where Active = 1

Order By Location,Servers_Name

• Congratulations on the birth! 

The error I was getting was this:

The include file 'inc/stuff.inc' was not found.

Are you saying that the file, stuff.inc, which is to be an include in connections.asp has the script to create tables?

I’m confused.

Will

• The constants that were stored in my include files which you need are these:

AnonUser = "myUserName"

AnonPword = "mySQLPassword"

Const adCmdStoredProc = &H0004

strConn =  "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;" & _

"Initial Catalog=MyDatabase;" & _

"Data Source=MyDatabaseServer;" & _

"User Id=" & AnonUser & "; " & _

"Password=" & AnonPword

As a side note, the adovbs file actually ships with windows.  Whether good or bad, many web developers include that file when dealing with server objects and the constants contained within the adovbs file.

As to the ConvertText function, that one was totally my fault for not including it.  Here it is, you should be able to put it right before the do loop at the top of the connections.asp file.

Function ConvertText(Value)

If IsNull(Value) then

ConvertText = ""

Else

ConvertText = Value

End If

End Function

• Hi Willhaney, just go ahead and delete the include file line altogether.  I had put that in there as a foobared place holder where people could put their own included connection files.  It seems to have caused more troubles than it was worth.  See my previous post for the constants which were included in this file.

• I agree, I get so Enthusiastic about sharing my new discoveries with people that I often make simple mistakes in my presentations.  I am still working on the idea of creating something then coming back and looking over it again a few days later.  My lack of patience skills is not helping in this area.

Hopefully my last couple of posts have helped clear up the problems which were found in my posted files.

Is this different than the RDP snap-in from the admin tools pack?  Not really, in fact the MMC consol itself actually provides broader functionality in that it allows for various types of stap-ins in one consol.  The whole purpose of my idea is for those who specifically use the RDP snap-in and would like greater focused functionality.  This focused functionality comes in the form of Alphebetized and grouped servers, and web based functionality.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply