Alter Certificate

• Raghavendra Mudugal (9/12/2013)

Thomas Abraham (9/12/2013)

Raghavendra Mudugal (9/12/2013)

Interesting one, Steve. Thank you for the post.

(I am on fire..... never got the 4 questions correct in a row before and this week I did... with just logical analysis and no execution. I am very excited about tomorrow's qtod and hoping to get it correct... πŸ˜€ if i did.... man... all 5 five FIVE!!!! :cool:)

Really Raghu, I was disappointed in your post. I expected you to be excited about having got 100 questions right, and looking forward to closing out the week having got all 101 questions correct. πŸ˜‰

Thank you for the support, Thomas, and I am sorry that I have disappointed you. (I wish I had that much of knowledge where I can get 100 straight correct... but one day I will... πŸ™‚ )

I think Thomas wrote that comment in reference to your signature on these forums... :w00t:

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• L' Eomot InversΓ© (9/12/2013)

Nice question, but it seems odd to refer to the SQL 2005 version of the BOL page for command, when there are perfectly good versions for the three releases currently in full support.

True, but consider this: the certificate system was new in 2005, so the question is relevant to that version and future versions. Also, the only change in substance is for the 2012 version:

"The WITH PRIVATE KEY option is not available in a contained database."

They also clarified the statement "This password is subject to password complexity policy. For more information, see Password Policy." (2005 version)

to "[P]assword must meet the Windows password policy requirements of the computer that is running the instance of SQL Server. For more information, see Password Policy." (2008, 2008R2, and 2012 version)

There are a few other formatting/layout changes but that's it. Even the examples are the same, down to the very character.

• Hugo Kornelis (9/12/2013)

Thomas Abraham (9/12/2013)

Interesting one, Steve. Thank you for the post.

(I am on fire..... never got the 4 questions correct in a row before and this week I did... with just logical analysis and no execution. I am very excited about tomorrow's qtod and hoping to get it correct... πŸ˜€ if i did.... man... all 5 five FIVE!!!! :cool:)

Really Raghu, I was disappointed in your post. I expected you to be excited about having got 100 questions right, and looking forward to closing out the week having got all 101 questions correct. πŸ˜‰

Thank you for the support, Thomas, and I am sorry that I have disappointed you. (I wish I had that much of knowledge where I can get 100 straight correct... but one day I will... πŸ™‚ )

I think Thomas wrote that comment in reference to your signature on these forums... :w00t:

Y'all are too funny! Had a good laugh today. :hehe:

• sknox (9/12/2013)

L' Eomot InversΓ© (9/12/2013)

Nice question, but it seems odd to refer to the SQL 2005 version of the BOL page for command, when there are perfectly good versions for the three releases currently in full support.

True, but consider this: the certificate system was new in 2005, so the question is relevant to that version and future versions. Also, the only change in substance is for the 2012 version:

"The WITH PRIVATE KEY option is not available in a contained database."

They also clarified the statement "This password is subject to password complexity policy. For more information, see Password Policy." (2005 version)

to "[P]assword must meet the Windows password policy requirements of the computer that is running the instance of SQL Server. For more information, see Password Policy." (2008, 2008R2, and 2012 version)

There are a few other formatting/layout changes but that's it. Even the examples are the same, down to the very character.

It may be my setting of BoL but I am getting 2012 by default.

• Simple and good question. πŸ™‚

• Thanks Steve! Learned something new today. πŸ˜€

• For some reason it was hard to figure this one out. Got it but it took a while. Good question.

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

• nice one!

• I wish to complain. I picked your answer, which I know to be correct, and was mark incorrect. This is not the first time this has happened; where I picked the correct answer and was scored wrong.

I know the points don't matter, but still.

• Preston Davis 19463 (11/5/2013)

I wish to complain. I picked your answer, which I know to be correct, and was mark incorrect. This is not the first time this has happened; where I picked the correct answer and was scored wrong.

I know the points don't matter, but still.

Strange. I see you with the correct answer but not marked correct. I'll start an investigation.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply