All I Want For Christmas Is ...

• Steve Jones - Editor (12/7/2007)

No one wants their boss to do something?

Is self defenestration to much to ask someone to do? :w00t:

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Charles Kincaid (12/7/2007)

Steve Jones - Editor (12/7/2007)

Is self defenestration to much to ask someone to do? :w00t:

We only have one building over four stories tall, how about self-exsanguination? But I must admit that I am a huge fan of defenestration demonstrations, particularly by management. ๐Ÿ˜€

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Jeff Moden (12/5/2007)

I've got my health, a great job, a great set of bosses (yeah, more than one), a wonderful Fiancรฉe who is also my best friend, and a great set of friends at work, away from work, and on this forum...

...I couldn't ask for anything more at Christmas than what I already have except that I wish everyone the same good fortune.

Hear hear!

What I mainly want is a quiet christmas and new year without any server glitches. The team's been working hard the last few months, we could all use a quiet period.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Bob Hoffman (12/7/2007)

If I had one wish for this season it would be for our Country to return to God and the Christian lifestyle upon which this Country was founded.

I apologize for the somber note, but I grow sick of "holiday trees" or "holiday shopping" advertisements. While this is not the time that Christ was actually born it is the time we celebrate his birth. Don't let the humanistic liberals spoil it.

Were you the author of this article then?

http://picsdown.com/pic-1220-Atheists-Please-leave-America

You religious comments are one step away from co-authoring this article.

Personally I think that xmas is about being with family and treating one another with respect and kindness a little more than normal.

I (an aethist) really take offense to people that make comments that everyone in America should believe the same. America is based on freedom first and foremost, not religion. I would give my life for you to believe in what you want even though I do not agree with you.

Please leave your religious beliefs off this forum.

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Will,

As an ordained person just let me say I agree with you. I very open to sharing my beliefs with you but I can't stand somebody trying to cram it down the troat of somebody else. That was never the way He did it.

I've been down on Christmas for a very long time (wrong time of year, too many symbols borrowed from other places, etc.). But with the theme "Peace on Earth, good will to men" let me say peace to you and your family. Good wishes to you.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• If I had one wish for this season it would be for our Country to return to God and the Christian lifestyle upon which this Country was founded.

I apologize for the somber note, but I grow sick of "holiday trees" or "holiday shopping" advertisements. While this is not the time that Christ was actually born it is the time we celebrate his birth. Don't let the humanistic liberals spoil it.

With these two statements he made he is trying to cram his beliefs down our throats. Call a duck a duck. He wishes for this country to be all one faith, plain and simple. This is the core to the statement that he made in the first sentence I quoted above. Not to start a flame war, but Hitler had the same basic concept - One Nation, One Religion.

Christmas started out as a christian holiday celebrating a birth that a group of people believed to be the son of their god. It has grown to more than that and people need to face it. I'm not saying that you cannot continue to celebrate that birth, just don't get on other people case cause they don't share your beliefs.

I completely agree that xmas has become over commericalized, but don't get down on other people because they choose to take this time to appreciate their families and just be nicer to one another rather than to worship the deities that others choose.

America wasn't founded on religion but freedom of religion. There's a difference.

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Yikes, I appreciate your differences, won't discuss my beliefs, but no religion in the editorials!

Enjoy Christmas for what it's become: a holiday where we remember others and share goodwill with others.

And anyone needing snow, you're welcome to take all you want from the Denver Area! I'll even load your truck up ๐Ÿ™‚

• My sentiments exactly Steve. Thanks for the summary.

I don't mean to vent, but I'm just sick and tired of those that have found religion pushing it on others and trying to force everyone to believe the same.

I'm sure he's going to reply and say that wasn't his intent, but if you read his post as a nonchristian, there is no other way you can take it.

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Steve Jones - Editor (12/11/2007)

And anyone needing snow, you're welcome to take all you want from the Denver Area! I'll even load your truck up ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll trade you 8 inches of snow for our 1/2 inch of solid ice any, and every, day.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• OK, bring the ice back, clear, preferably Vodka ice and not black ice, and we'll trade!

Barely got out the driveway, so my prayers for the day were answered by 4L

• Start shipping your ice, snow, sleet to the southeast. Black Ice, clear or otherwise. Really - we'll take it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• It's about this time of year I start thinking about SUPPORTING global warming. It makes me want to go outside and just let my car idle though a tank of gas.

(I'm just joking. Please don't take this post serious at all. I am not for global warming. I wouldn't complain either if I got to play golf in shorts on xmas day though.)

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Steve Jones - Editor (12/7/2007)

Peter, no first class travel? Extra night on the road?

Will, no dedicated time to experiment with mouse speeds/sensitivity?

Matt, no "road breaks" to drive around and relax during those stressful days?

Almost missed that one Steve. Actually - my super secret wish personally is for my house to sell (which would help the working 500 miles away thing...), so my family can move here. But a couple of extra days at home would be grand too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• I will respect Steve's direction nor will I participate in any flame war.

I answered the original question with what I wanted for Christmas. In the Bible, one can read that being persecuted in His name is desirable. So what I said I believe to be true and Bible based. I will stand for it. Thank you both Will and Charles for helping me to achieve what I believe in.

As far as the Country comments go, I would suggest to anyone that they take a trip to Washington DC and read what the founding fathers actually wrote and believed. What I saw there was far different than current government, politics and media would have you believe. But don't take my word for it, learn for yourself.

As for shipping snow, we have none here. It was in the mid 40's last Saturday and my lawn needs watered. Global warming ain't all bad...

Oops spoke too soon, it's now snowing. On top of the rain then freezing rain we had last night.

• Will Summers (12/11/2007)

( I wouldn't complain either if I got to play golf in shorts on xmas day though.)

Come visit my neck of the woods. Christmas day here is usually clear blue skies, blazing sunshine 30+ C with perhaps a thunderstorm later in the afternoon.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply