Alert me I can't Setup SQL Server 2008 with SQL Server 2012

• I use Windows 8.1 and I was setup SQL Server 2012 successfully , after that I want to setup windows server 2008 , but each time I was tray to setup the operation failed and this message show up to me

Please help I want to know the solution

• It looks like you've missed something on the security screens. Make sure, minimum, you add the current user. That's actually not always the best way to go about it, but I'm assuming this is your first time.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Take a look in the mentioned log file (this will point to more detailde log files) for more descriptive error messages.

You mentioned you allready installed SQL2012. Is this installed on the same machine? I'm not sure (perhaps other posters kan confirm), but it could be you can't install SQL2008 when SQL2012 is allready installed. The normal sequence to install multiple versions is to start with the oldest one (SQL2008) and subsequently install the newer one (SQL2012).

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply