Alert is not triggered

• Before I posted this I tried to find out similar issues on the forum, but nothing I found helped me. So here I am:

I created a new server message #50001, with some text attached. The message is always logged. Then I created an SQL server alert on this message. The error is active and is supposed to net send an operator.

I use:

raiserror (50001,1,16) 

to trigger the alert.

The event is recorded in the SQL server error log but not in Windows Application Log and in SQL Server. The alert is not triggered.

The alert is active, SQL Server Agent runs under a domanin account which is local Administrator.

Any idea?

Thanks, Gabriela

• Try:

raiserror (50001,1,16)  with log

* Noel

• I tried. Is not working. No record in application log, alert doesn't fire. Must be some setting I miss. The whole thing works fine on other servers, only on this one behaves like this.

Gabriela

• Is the application log full? Ensure that the "Overwrite Events as needed" is checked. If the application log is full, the event will not be raised.

• Is there a reason that you are using a severity level of 1. Severity levels less than 11 are for informational purposes and this may be causing some of the things that you are seeing. The 16 in your Raiserror is where the <state> goes. This <state> does not seem to do much.

I hope this helps

Eric 

• My bad on the parameters order! So, I switched state and severity, I tried RAISERROR(50001,16,1) and I got one step forward. I had the event recorded in the application log. However, the alert still doesn't trigger.

Thanks,

Gabriela

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply