Agent won''t execute scripts!!!

• I have a simple activeX script that writes to a file on another server, my previous box was windows 2000 std server and that's where this script came from. The new windows 2003 server has the same domain administrator starting the sql and agent service, but I continue to get the following error "cannot be run because the ActiveScripting subsystem failed to load. The job has been suspended"

If I create a DTS job, I can execute the DTS package and the file is updated on my fileserver, but I still cannot schedule it as I continue getting the error listed above. If I run the activex script from a .vbs it runs fine.

What new security restrictions does win2k3 have?

-- Francisco

• Francisco,

Check who is executing scheduled job.

It is possible that it is your more privileged domain or admin login is executing the job manually and it is someone with less rights executing the job on schedule, check a job owner and run as (self) in the job /step properties. Then check how proxy account is set up.

Yelena

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Hello, Thanks for the reply, The Job is set up to run as the same domain user as the sql server who is also an administrator on the new box. I'll try changing him to sa and see if that runs.

-- Francisco

• So after a lot of greif, *(I'm also having a problem w/ my sql agent proxy account but I've replaced him w/ an admin user for now)

I set the job to run as an xp_cmdshell 'c:\temp\Script.vbs'

and that runs fine w/o any issues....

so perhaps I'll make the M$ call for support as it can just be a sql agent/agentproxy security problem for Sql Server 2000 sp4 on Windows 2003 SP1

:S

-- Francisco

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply