AG Listener not working with OLAP Cubes \ Tabular Cubes \ Linked Server Connections

• Greetings,

My team and I have been working for some time to establish Always-On Availability Groups in our production warehouse environments. We've successfully setup a 4 node WSFC with an Azure Witness Disk across our two physical data centers and have been able to get an AG across that cluster containing 4 databases to work just fine. 

But the AG listener hasn’t really lived up to what we had envisioned it would be.  It is not working with standard OLAP or Tabular connections or linked servers and sounds like any security model for connection from the outside are going to have issues with the AG listener, plus there are indications that any .Net connection from an application running older than .Net 4.5 may have issues and it is not site aware.

Are there alternative methods we can use to connect to these types of connections ? 

• KJKKPSI - Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:44 AM

...It is not working with standard OLAP or Tabular connections...

Hi, check this article - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn736073.aspx I hope it will help you to set up a high availability solution for Analysis Services.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply