AG Database stuck in restoring when server removed from AG

• Hi

We have an AG that was running on 2016 and deleted a server in the Availability replica list.  That server no longer shows in the replica list but when you log into the server that was deleted it now shows a Restoring indicator against each database that used to be in the AG.  I left this over the weekend so it appears to be stuck in this state.  I guess we could delete the databases and probably will be, but is anything else in a weird state that needs cleaning up now? What if we wanted to use these databases outside the AG on this server - is it possible to clear this state?

Thank you.

• sure.. you can recover them by issuing command

restore database [databasename1]
    restore database [databasename2]

and you will be able to use this database.. you can get rid of it by using drop if you dont want to use em.

• david.pilcher - Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:08 AM

Hi

We have an AG that was running on 2016 and deleted a server in the Availability replica list.  That server no longer shows in the replica list but when you log into the server that was deleted it now shows a Restoring indicator against each database that used to be in the AG.  I left this over the weekend so it appears to be stuck in this state.  I guess we could delete the databases and probably will be, but is anything else in a weird state that needs cleaning up now? What if we wanted to use these databases outside the AG on this server - is it possible to clear this state?

Thank you.

That's by design, you need to either remove them or recover them based on what you require

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thank you both.  I dropped the databases and moved on.  Didn't expect it to show restoring.  Perhaps offline or something.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply