After re-installing SQL 2005 I'm having a problem attaching databases

• Background information.

I have a local version of SQL Server running on my laptop. After applying some windows updates my SSIS started acting funny. I found some posts that had the same problem. Their resolution was to un-install SQL and re-install. I've done this, now I'm unable to attach my databases. Also, SSIS is doing the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

------------------------------

Attach database failed for Server 'PALMERCONSULT\JDELOCAL'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.4035.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Attach+database+Server&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 6, object ID 1, index ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.

Could not open new database 'JDE_ODS'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 602)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=602&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

• Hello,

This could be caused by different versions of SQL Server between the DB files and your new installation.

What is the output if you run "SELECT @@version" on the SQL Server? Can you remember what version of SQL Server you previously had on your laptop e.g. which edition, any service packs etc.

Regards,

John Marsh

www.sql.lu
    SQL Server Luxembourg User Group

• I did some more digging and was able to determine that the old SQL 2000 (Select @@Version) was still on my laptop somewhere. So I've fully un-installed SQL Server and now I'm getting a message that my hardware is not compatible and the install is failing. I'm installing from the same disks that I used to do the initial install. I've been running SQL 2005 for the past couple of years without any problems until I installed some Windows Updates. Once I did that my local instance of SSIS would work.

I found another post on this website that made reference to Native Client was confusing the install.

I'm at a loss, I'm in way over my head now.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Try installing MS Sql as a named instanced and not as a default instance. That would usually make things work out for you.

• I had a similar problem a few times in the past when I was on SP1 for SQL 2005. I had to write out a T-SQL Statement instead of using the GUI using the "CREATE DATABASE ... FOR ATTACH" syntax.

Have you tried that?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Thanks everyone, I've been able to resolve my problem. The SQL 2000 version that was appearing was related to an old install of an ERP system I had worked with a few years ago. We've now successfully re-installed SQL 2005 and everything is fine.

Thanks for your post to try and help me out.

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply