ADOMDConnectionException

• Hi All,

I am new ti SSIS. I am using VS2005 for my application and SSIS 2008 R2 on 64 bit as backend.

When i go to connect these it give me error

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[SocketException (0x2746): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]

System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) +73

System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +131

[IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.]

System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +294

System.IO.BufferedStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +195

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord.ForceRead(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 length) +39

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord.ReadHeader() +40

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord..ctor(Stream stream) +83

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeReader.ReadRecord() +76

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.TcpStream.GetDataType() +88

[AdomdConnectionException: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.]

Dundas.Olap.Manager.OlapManager.OnErrorDetected(Exception ex) +195

Dundas.Olap.Manager.OlapManager.GetDataSchema() +557

Dundas.Olap.Manager.OlapManager.k(Boolean ) +192

Dundas.Olap.Manager.OlapManager.set_CurrentCubeName(String value) +418

HS18.Reports.Reports.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\StagingProject\HS18ReportApp\HS18\Reports\Reports.aspx.cs:123

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

-Arvind

• How do you mean: 'using SSIS as your back-end'?

Is your VS app somehow calling an SSIS package, or did you mean that you were using SQL Server as your back-end?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• yes

• arvindharitus (8/9/2010)

yes

Bizarre answer - this is not a Boolean logic test. My question asked you to identify one or the other.

If you meant that you are using SQL Server as your back-end, your reference to SSIS is irrelevant and you should try posting in a different forum.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply