Administering Log Shipping

• Hello,

I have successfully configure the log shipping on sql server 2005. But running the job (LSRestore_ ) on secondary server does not seem the the transaction logs (.trn) are restoring on my target database.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

• have you checked the sql logs for any errors?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• ...or in the job history or in the logshipping tables in msdb.

is the target database now in standby/read only mode?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks for your post.

I am actively monitoring the logs if there are errors but all jobs are executed successfully.

3 days has passed, the .trn grows to 23Gb but non of it was restored in my target database.

Please help.

Thanks so much

• [font="Verdana"]Does the secondary server's SQL Service account have necessary privilege on the share?

What is the error message it is throwing in the job history?

In which mode do you configured log shipping?? If its standby mode then have you selected "Disconnect users" option before restoring the log file?[/font]

• Johannsky (7/20/2008)

Thanks for your post.

I am actively monitoring the logs if there are errors but all jobs are executed successfully.

3 days has passed, the .trn grows to 23Gb but non of it was restored in my target database.

Please help.

Thanks so much

the tran log continues to grow? apologies for asking but is it being backed up? Maybe log backup cannot actually backup any data because there is an old open transaction, run dbcc opentran in source database, see oldest active spid and see when its been there since and what its doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply