Adding tables to a existing t-replication

• Hi guys,

i have 20 tables in our prod db, we are doing t-replication of 10 tables and working fine, now they have created a new table in prod and want that to be replicated with the 10 tables,

my question is: is it possible to add the table to existing publication, if yes how.

i have check the existing publication properties--> articles, but couldnt find the add article button.

if adding a single table to the existing pub is not possible, i think i need to create another publication for this table and do replication.

i cannot drop the existing replication and create new for all 3, since the existing replication is very crucial and we cannot break it.

thanks in advance.

• Nicole (7/17/2008)

Hi guys,

i have 20 tables in our prod db, we are doing t-replication of 10 tables and working fine, now they have created a new table in prod and want that to be replicated with the 10 tables,

my question is: is it possible to add the table to existing publication, if yes how.

i have check the existing publication properties--> articles, but couldnt find the add article button.

if adding a single table to the existing pub is not possible, i think i need to create another publication for this table and do replication.

i cannot drop the existing replication and create new for all 3, since the existing replication is very crucial and we cannot break it.

thanks in advance.

there are two ways:

TSQL Way:

--- Add article

EXEC sp_addarticle @publication = N'Publication name', @article = 'Table Name', @source_table = 'Table Name' ...

-- Refresh subscriptions

EXEC sp_refreshsubscriptions @publication = N'Publication name'

Or in the "Article" Page of the Publication Properties, UNCHECK "Show only checked objects in the list"

Then "check" the table and you may want to run snpashot agent at the end.

HTH

* Noel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply