Adding server to Alwayson

• Hello Experts,

For the first time i got a oppurtunity to work on Alwayson setup at configuration level.Till now already its configured and was maintaining and monitoring the Always on dbs. I am exited to perform below task. As it is a production servers with more than 2TB size i am seeking help from you all. Please guide me.

Already for customer the Alwayson configured for two servers A and B which are in different location. Now i need to add the 3rd DR Server C to it. How to do that? what and all prerequisites and precautions i need to take?

Windows team will take care of adding DR Site-C to the cluster.

One of the db is more than 2TB in primary. How should i add that db to C-sql server? which option is easy and recommendable?

From Veeam Backups recent MDF & LDF's are available then can i attach those files to new sql server and add that db in Alwayson?If add those files how to sync latest data till now? do i need to restore the last diff and T-log backups on latest attached db?

Or restore the complete Full backup,diff and T-logs will be the fine?

Or any other way of bring the complete 2TB db into new server?

Actually How it works if i want to add 3rd server to Allways on?

What and all steps i need to take care at windows level and SQL level?Please help.

Thanks,

Jo

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Once you add the 3rd node in to AlwaysOn group, you can choose "data sychronization preference" as

1' Automatic seeding

2. Full DB and log backup

3. restore DB and log and JOIN ONLY

So that, the data will be in sync between all nodes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply