Adding Page x of y to report causes CPU 100% useage

• Each

I'm trying to publish a report that simply calls a stored procedure and produces a 3 to 4 page report. The stored procedure is fine, and returns data to the report OK. The problem I have is when I add the following expression in a text box in the footer:

="Page " + Globals!PageNumber.ToString() + " of " + Globals!TotalPages.ToString()

and run it on the server, the CPU shoots up to 100% and will not come down even if I cancel the report. The report never completes. Restarting the ReportingServicesService.exe bring down the CPU usage. Bizarrely, if I run it in BIDS on my desktop it is fine.

We have narrowed it down to the call to Globals!TotalPages as the problem. I have added the same code to another report on the server and it is OK. It only appears to affect the report I'm currently working on, annoyingly. :w00t:

The server is SQL2008 R2, my client is BIDS SQL2008. I have edited this report through ReportBuilder 3.0, but the effect is the same.

I'm going to get round this by removing the footer, but I'd love to know what the hecks going on.

If I need to provide any more information, such as server build etc. please let me know and I'll try to oblige

Cheers

Dave J

http://glossopian.co.uk/
    "I don't know what I don't know."

• try

="Page " & Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages

• I've resolved this. I turned OFF Keep together on one page if possible in the properties of the Tablix where the data sits. Why this caused the server to freak is beyond my ken

HTH

Dave J

http://glossopian.co.uk/
    "I don't know what I don't know."

• David Jackson (8/10/2011)

I've resolved this. I turned OFF Keep together on one page if possible in the properties of the Tablix where the data sits. Why this caused the server to freak is beyond my ken

HTH

Dave J

Thanks for the feedback... I'll keep that in mind in my reports!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply