Adding Features Back

• You can vote for more than one item, but please pick the top 1 or 2 things. We'll work them in order.

1. Ok... I just lost my post by hitting the Preview button... would you please fix that first 😀
    2. Also, lot's of functionality has been lost under the "Recent Posts" link... 

1. What happened to all of the selections under "Recent Posts"?  Was real handy to go back a couple of hours to find a post you forgot the name of.
    2. ... and "Posts Added Today" isn't picking up all the posts posted today.  As of right now, there are 15 FORUMs that have posts of TODAY in the "Last Post" column... but when I click on "Posts Added Today", it only returns 3 posts. :Whistling:
  • Why have they wasted so much room for the IFCode Shortcuts?  I'd rather see 2 things instead...
    1. Bring back the full range of emoticons :crying:... I know there are more under MORE, but I value those more than the IFCode Shortcuts.
    2. Enhance the editor window control bar... put buttons up there for the more common IFCode's like Image, Code, Quote, etc.  Then, you won't need the wasted space to the left on the text version of the IFCode shortcuts.
  • Why can't I at least see the post I'm responding to? :blink:  Most other "newer" forums allow you to scroll down to see the last message in the thread and some allow you to see ALL the messages on the current "page" whilst creating a response.
  • The new site is "pretty" and I understand that there are always "bugs" and missing/improperly working features, but I'd have waited another month or two for things to be done right 🙂

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I can't seem to see the list of latest posts I've made. Maybe I'm missing it. I use that frequently when away from my work machine to follow up on threads that I've posted to.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • The layout of the virtual briefcase a problem. I could easy find an article using my comments. Now it is spread over a lot of pages with a lot of extra text that I don't use

I also can't find my recent posts.

Re-finding things is important, not a fancy layout.

• I can't find the recent posts either, I use that a ton to try and answer questions for people when I can.

• My recent posts!

• I cannot find the SEARCH - I see the goggle search, but I liked the search articles / scripts / forums...

-- Cory

• Recent posts - When in the forum pane, upper left is "Control Panel". They're in there.

Working on fixing search.

• I want my Supreme Being status back!  Does that qualify as a feature? 😉

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Tim Mitchell (9/24/2007)

I want my Supreme Being status back!  Does that qualify as a feature? 😉

If course you do Tim... just start answering a few more questions and you'll be on your way :P.

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/24/2007)

Recent posts - When in the forum pane, upper left is "Control Panel". They're in there.

Working on fixing search.

There's no MY recent posts option in that panel... Unless I'm blind or something.

• If there's any Supreme Beings they're here.

You can be the Assistant Supreme Being when you pass the Ninja.

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/22/2007)

You can vote for more than one item, but please pick the top 1 or 2 things. We'll work them in order.

Let's start with finishing the upgrade then we'll see about reinstating features.  Not that I don't find any of those usefull or interesting, but I can't live without all of them for a good while... but I need the bugs fixed to keep enjoying the day to day use of this site.

• Henk Schreij (9/24/2007)

The layout of the virtual briefcase a problem. I could easy find an article using my comments. Now it is spread over a lot of pages with a lot of extra text that I don't use

I also can't find my recent posts.

Re-finding things is important, not a fancy layout.

Agreed, paging is good, but it hardly ever beats the ctrl-f option of IE.  I like to see everything on the same page... or at least a good chunk of it at the same time.  The best thing is to have the option to see how many we want for each page then go from there.

• Jeff Moden (9/22/2007)

1. Ok... I just lost my post by hitting the Preview button... would you please fix that first 😀
    2. Also, lot's of functionality has been lost under the "Recent Posts" link... 

1. What happened to all of the selections under "Recent Posts"?  Was real handy to go back a couple of hours to find a post you forgot the name of.
    2. ... and "Posts Added Today" isn't picking up all the posts posted today.  As of right now, there are 15 FORUMs that have posts of TODAY in the "Last Post" column... but when I click on "Posts Added Today", it only returns 3 posts. :Whistling:
  • Why have they wasted so much room for the IFCode Shortcuts?  I'd rather see 2 things instead...
    1. Bring back the full range of emoticons :crying:... I know there are more under MORE, but I value those more than the IFCode Shortcuts.
    2. Enhance the editor window control bar... put buttons up there for the more common IFCode's like Image, Code, Quote, etc.  Then, you won't need the wasted space to the left on the text version of the IFCode shortcuts.
  • Why can't I at least see the post I'm responding to? :blink:  Most other "newer" forums allow you to scroll down to see the last message in the thread and some allow you to see ALL the messages on the current "page" whilst creating a response.
  • The new site is "pretty" and I understand that there are always "bugs" and missing/improperly working features, but I'd have waited another month or two for things to be done right 🙂

Ya the timeout is definitly the most anoying bug in the list.  Granted that it doesn't happen often, but boy does it pisse the hell out of us when it happens (because this is ususally after a rather long reply... which you rarely want to retype over).

• Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply