Adding a Table - Merge Replication

• I've managed to use sp_repladdcolumn to add columns to replicated tables. By golly, the new table actually appears in the copies.

Now, how to add a table:

exec sp_addmergearticle @publication = 'repa', @article='Another',

@source_Object='Another', @type='Table', @status='active', @pre_creation_cmd='none',

@schema_option=0x30BC1, @stream_blob_columns='true', @force_invalidate_snapshot=1

When I ran this in the Enterprise Mangler, it said

Warning: Values of some of the flags specified in the 'schema_option' property are not compatible with the publication's compatibility level. The modified schema_option value of '0x000000b230030bc1' will be used instead.

Publication 'repa' has the following property: 'compensate_for_errors'. SQL Server subscribers below version '8.00.0858' will ignore this setting.

Which means it worked?:ermm:

It seems to have stopped replication. As a test I inserted a row into a previously replicating table, but I still don't see the new row in the subscriber. I don't see the new table either.

(I have a tiny 3 table database I'm practicing with.)

Perhaps I'm doing things the hard way?

[font="Arial"]Halfbubble ------------
    You just can't do this stuff unless you're at least half a bubble off center.[/font]

• have you run the replication monitor to see if it is waiting on something

• For the last 9 months? If I haven't got it resolved by now, it's far to late to worry about it.

[font="Arial"]Halfbubble ------------
    You just can't do this stuff unless you're at least half a bubble off center.[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply