Added "Closed" status to posts?

• One thing that I think would help is to add the ability for the original poster to flag their post as closed. This way if a person wants to look for posts that still need answered they could do so. Alternatively if a person wanted to search solutions they could avoid seeing unanswered posts.

I know this isn't a quick fix, but it would be beneficial in my opinion.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Good idea.

• We've talked about this. Part of the issue is that so many people come back and add things to posts a week or month later. We don't want to prevent posting.

The other thing is that we're not sure how many people will use this, which then starts to dilute the value.

• I wouldn't suggest "Closing a post" and not allowing any further updates. Just a status that could be set by the original poster or your Admins. I would expect that many questions go unanswered because someone browsing the areas would see, say 5 or so replies and assume that it has been resolved and not bother to read further.

Just a thought, and thanks for replying.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply