Add Report Filter

• Hi. I have a report that displays tasks assigned to users. Each task has a due date. I would like the report when opened to only display tasks that have a 'Due Date' that matches current date (system date). In access this could be achieved using the Data() function however this is not possible in SQL 2005. I do not want to add a parameter to the report as the report will be displayed as a dashboard to the end user.

I would also like a similar report that displays Overdue Tasks, once again based on the Due Date......

Many Thanks,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• Philip:

Is your "Due Date" a datetime or varchar? I know in the past when I tried to do a date comparsion I had to convert the datetime to a varchar. The following code worked pretty well for me.

convert(varchar(10),getdate(),101)

Hope this helps.

• Thanks. datetime in answer to your question. I will give your code a try tomorrow.

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply