Add Column to Table (Not Part of Dataset)

• Hi. I have been asked to modify a report (pick list) to include a column that has a check box 'Picked' so the user can tick off items picked. How can I do this when the field is not part of a Dataset (or can i do this?)?

Thanks,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• Hi Philip...

Please let me know...are you trying to add a column in SSRS Report where you can display a checkbox???

Do you want to implement this functionality...?? Or I am guessing it wrongly..??

Waiting for reply...

🙂

Niraj

• Hi. Yes. It's required (so I am told) to allow users to tick the line item that has been picked (as opposed putting a red line through the line item!).

Thanks,

Phil.

PS: Basically the report Dataser pulls in all the required data. Just need to add a column to the table to put a check box by each line item.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• Hi, off the top of my head there are a couple of ways you can do this if you are using a table component:

1) add another column to the table, put a rectangle in it to act as a container and call it rctContainer, add a text box to rctContainer with the word 'Checked/Picked/whatever' in it, add a rectangle to rctContainer to the left/right of the text box and set its default borderstyle to Solid - bingo, instant check box

2) using whatever image editor you like create the checkbox and its title, save it as a bitmap and stick it into a new column - this method looks better but is a bit more fiddly

• Thanks for the tips. I shall have a play today.

Regards,

Phil.

Tommy Cooper

• Had a play and all working.

Many Thanks,

Phil.

Tommy Cooper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply