Add a Table to publication in the Transactional Replication

• Hello Folks,

I need help to add a table  "TABLEB" to a publication in the transactional replication.

The transactional replication was already set up between two servers (with remote distribution database server) and transactions are propaged to the subscribers. Now I want to add a new table as an article to the existing publication through script (sp_addarticle) without regenerating  a new snapshot and reinitializing of the subscriptions. So I added the table on both publisher and subscriber databases after that I added this table to the replicaiton by executing sp_addarticle at publication database and copied the system stored procedures (sp_MSins_TABLEB, sp_MSupd_TABLEB,sp_MSdel_TABLEB) in subscriber database. It seems everything is fine (this article is also in distribution article list) but the transactions are not propaged to subscribers. I dig into replication monitor to get more details of this issue and I found the information message "the initial snapshot for article TABLEB is not yet available" in the distribution details.

I would really like to know the missing piece to complete the processing of adding a new table to the publication in transactional replication without regenerating snapshot and without reinitializing of subscription. If you need more information of my issue please let me know. I really appreciate anyone's help and time.

Thanks,

Bhushan

• if you figure out how to make major changes to a publication without a new snapshot, let us know. it would make my life a lot easier.

as far as i know, you have to do a snapshot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply