Add a "resolved" tag for questions answered

• I've visited other forum sites (the ASP.NET forums site comes to mind) that allows a thread initiator to specify that the post is a question or a problem. He/she can then mark the question as "resolved" or "answered" when an acceptable answer is posted.

Not an immediate need, since most forums are designed without this feature, but it would be nice to have someday...

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Kudos, I had already proposed that feature but I had forgotten about it. It would surely be very nice to be able to flag the "final", or "correct" answer to the original problem... without going all the way like expert-exchange and having a points system on that.

• That's actually a good idea. There is the opportunity to "rate" the thread, but the ability of the OP to mark it would be nice.

• That would be more than nice. This would put you above and beyond most forums I know in the sql world. This is a great service to offer to the community.

• I'm full of good ideas. Did I tell you about my idea for the Jump to Conclusions mat? 😉

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Where can I buy that mat :hehe:?

• Hey you've been upgraded to an addict... it's a good step up for ya :P.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply