Activx script task in ssis

• Hi

I have migrated teh package from DTS to ssis 2008

in my actvixscript task of the migrated package i am refering some key words like :

DTSGlobalVariables

DtsPackageLog.WriteToString

are these things still work in SSIS as part ofthe activxscript task

if i need to replace these things with soem other, can i still do it in the activx script task.

• [p]Don't use actvixscript task because it is going to be deprecated soon. You can use Script Task. You can write code in .NET or C#.. There are no global variable in SSIS, instead of that you can use package variable. Package variable are particular to that package only not for the all packages. you can use "Dts.Variables"[/p]

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

• in my package activxscript task already code contains these things and these thing are not working

DTSGlobalVariables

DtsPackageLog.WriteToString

do i need to change the entire script are any replcement for these above

• Rewrite the whole script, it will be less trouble moving forward.

There are far too many differences for it be worth fixing in 99% of the cases.

CEWII

• [p]Yes, Elliott is right. You need to rewrite entire script.[/p]

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply