ActiveX "Can''t Create Object"

• Hi there,

I'm trying to use DTS to create an excel spreadsheet, and then populate that spreadsheet, but it tells me that 'Active X Can't create object". When i google this, i get about 5 million different answers. I've already tried to change the settings in Internet Explorer to enable all ActiveX functions, etc but no change.

Is it something to do with references? How do i fix this? i can run the package from my pc and it runs fine, but off the server it won't work.

help!

Alex

• In order to create the excel object on the server, excel needs to be installed on there.

This may be the reason you can run locally, but not on the server.

If this is not the case, post your code and I can see if there is any problem stopping it from working.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• To get around this issue, I created a template on the server. Create a copy of the spreadsheet without data and place it on the server. I copy a version of it and then load data through the package. I then email the sheet to the user.

• I agree with Jonathan. I've had this issue several times, always after Excel has been removed from one server or the other since our standard configuration does not include Excel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply