Active Threads / Recent Posts

• I do not like the fact that I have to go into Recent posts and specify todays, since last visit, etc.  I loved the old functionality of Active Threads where the forum would automatically pick new threads or threads with recent activity.  The act of having to select todays threads to see which ones need an answer is not as fool proof as the old Active Threads view.  What if someone posts a thread late in the day today and it does not get answered?  You have to jump through a few hoops to catch everything.

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Is it the two clicks or something else. The old Active Topics was set to show things since your last login. (last visit).

• I never like a software that removes feature when a new version is released.  While this was not used that often by me, going back X hours in the past was sometimes used, and most importantly very usefull to find the threads I wanted to find.  It would definitly be nice to have that back, but it's not on my priority list.

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/24/2007)

Is it the two clicks or something else. The old Active Topics was set to show things since your last login. (last visit).

Ah, ha. I guess I just didn't know that the Active Topics represented threads since the last visit. I assumed that it was any thread that had zero replies or had recent activity on it. I guess I'll start using the Recent Posts....Posts Since My Last Visit option.

Thanks Steve.

P.S. Sorry for the delay in the respone. I forgot to manually subscribe to my topic.:Whistling:

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Let me know on the Active Threads. If it doesn't work, we can add other options (last hour or others), but we're trying to touch the Instant Forum code as little as possible so we can upgrade and patch it.

The automatic subscribe is a very high priority change. We hope to fix that in a day or so (need testing on a couple other changes bundled in).

• Since my last post, I have used the Recent Posts....Posts Since My Last Visit option and it appears to give me what I was used to seeing with the Active Threads on the old forum. I'll keep using this. Thanks for the quick response, I'm sure you're swamped.

John Rowan

• Nah he should be fine now that me and Jeff have done our looking around. That should lessen the load by at least 60% :D.

• Remi and RBAR to the Rescue!! Sounds like a new Disney move...:smooooth:

John Rowan

• RBAR Remi... that's a cool name for a baby :P.

• I also liked the old format of the 5 newest topics, not necessarily the most recent posts. I was quickly able to see what I was interested in and what I wasn't. Also the feature in the My Profile section where you could pull up your 10 most recent comments. That really helped me track things that I was working with someone on or asking advice on.

• Kudos, I used that a lot too. Not that it was used everyday, but boy was it usefull when I needed it!

• Just a couple of questions:

How do I find my own posts? (Hope I can find this one later if someone answers this question)

Did the vendor forums go away?

• The vendor forums are under the products and books Forum. I'm in process of moving some stuff off the main page to lower the pressure on that page. I'll add that to the front page.

If you click on your name next to a post, you'll see your posts. We're working to move that functionality to a more obvious place.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply