Acronym factoid

• OCTom (3/26/2012)

Society of Satellite Professionals International is the first hit I get in Google. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, got that one in my list posted previously.

• jeff.mason (3/24/2012)

If you remember that other apps use SSPI besides SQL Server this wasn't hard. But a good reminder though.

Yup, that was my "process of elimination" mental pathway, too. Plus, the other two options weren't as obscurely worded as Microsoft often seems to prefer.

Rich

• Easy point and great start to a Monday.

Everything is awesome!

• Thanks for the easy question. Nice way to start the week.

"El" Jerry.

"El" Jerry.

"A watt of Ottawa" - Gerardo Galvan

To better understand your help request, please follow these best practices.[/url]

• This was an easy one - thanks!

• thanks for the question

• nice easy question.

cengland0 (3/26/2012)

It could stand for any of the following:

Security Support Provider Interface (Microsoft)

Security Service Provider Interface (Microsoft)

Society of Satellite Professionals International

Steady-State Plasma Insulin

Signs and Symptoms of Psychotic Illness (rating scale)

Salle de Soins Post-Interventionnels (French: Post-Interventional Room Care; recovery room)

Soldier Sensor/Platform Interface (ITT)

Apart from the quoted list available at TheFreeDictionary.com, other possibilities which may amuse people interested in future power supply technology, a corporation making use of mathematical information theory, exploitative pseud-science, spookery, or injecting things into people are

Space Solar Power Institute

Statistical Signal Processing Inc

Spirit Search Paranormal Investigations

Single Source Processor (IMINT)

Schmidt Sting Pain Index

If there's a genetic chemistry biologist amongst the readers, maybe he can tell us what sspI stands for when it's a restriction enzyme - I can't, I don't understand that stuff at all: the molecular structure of anything more complex that aniline is way beyond the ken of anyone like me, and I don't know what any of it's called (I can just about remember what RNA stands for on a good day, or even DNA on a very good day).

Tom

• thanks. Good way to start the week.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Thanks for an easy one. It's been a tough day ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• Easy one. Thanks

• Had to think about it for a second, but nice simple question to start a long week.

• +1

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (3/26/2012)

If there's a genetic chemistry biologist amongst the readers, maybe he can tell us what sspI stands for when it's a restriction enzyme - I can't, I don't understand that stuff at all: the molecular structure of anything more complex that aniline is way beyond the ken of anyone like me, and I don't know what any of it's called (I can just about remember what RNA stands for on a good day, or even DNA on a very good day).

Restriction enzymes cut DNA at a specific sequence of nucleotide bases, in this case, AATATT. They're used to isolate the whole gene from the rest of the genome, usually so it can be produced in large amounts via Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). From here, the manufactured genes can be spliced back into the genomes of other yeast cells in great number, creating your own little sspI protein-generating mass production factory.

The sspI restriction enzyme is so named because it's used to cut the sspI gene from the genome. The gene itself appears to encode for a spore protein in yeast.

• I enjoyed that! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Nice and easy. A good start to the week. Liked the other acronyms too!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply