Accessing Sql server reports from another domain

• Since i did hardly got viewed in another forum, i am trying to post this question in more active forum as I really need to resolve this issue ASAP

I have users who can easilly access SSRS reports with windows authentication (database and ssrs installed on same domain as users). But some other just few miles away in different building in totally different domain. I want them to give access to SSRS, to view SSRS reports via URL or any other way.

1) Is it possible to access SSRS cross domain ?

2) if yes, what settings/authentication/changes i need to do on SSRS server or client machine to have that access ?

• You have to set up permissions between the domains. No other way to do it since the security is through your local domain. Another option would be to post the reports to a web site so they're accessible remotely.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I think i understood that part where i have to setup permission on both the domains. My challenge is what permission i am setting and where exactly i am setting ? At active directory level , at SSRS configuration level, at database level ?

Remember I do not want to give any more rights than just to access SSRS reports.

Also it is confidential reports and should not be displayed in public so has to find a way to share with another domain without opening to the public

• It's at the domain level. To give permissions between domains, they have to talk to each other. I'm not a security expert so I don't have the precise walkthrough. That's how it has to be done.

You can still secure the web site if you choose to post it there.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply