Accessing Analysis Services

• I've been going through a book on SSIS and have come to a chapter where it instructs me to connect to Analysis Services. I installed SS2008 Dev Ed and selected install pretty much everything except clustering, including Analysis and Reporting services. I can see the Analysis Services is running in the XP Services management widget but when I try 'test connection' in the SSIS connection manager's create new analysis services connector wizard it says 'Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. An error was encountered in the transport layer. The peer prematurely closed the connection.'

Everything is installed together on the same machine so it isn't a network access problem although there may be some setup that I need to configure. I didn't manually configure anything - I just kept pressing OK to the defaults at install time.

If anyone could help me get it accessed, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

• I'm not an expert at it by no means. But, when you connect to Analysis Services, you need to connect through a provider. If you double click on the control, it should bring up the wizard to walk you through setting it up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply