About this forum...

• Hi,

I’m part of the SQL Server product team at Microsoft and I’m an expert on corruption problems, their causes and how to rectify them. I wrote DBCC CHECKDB and repair for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 so I have a lot of useful knowledge to share. I’m currently the Lead Program Manager for the Storage Engine.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have on corruptions and disaster recovery and I can decipher any CHECKDB output. To make things easy for us all, please start a new thread for your issue and include the following info if at all possible:

1) What symptoms you’re seeing

2) The output from ‘DBCC CHECKDB (yourdbname) WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS, NO_INFOMSGS’

3) When the problem first occurred and what steps you have already taken

4) The SQL Server version (including SP and any hotfixes)

5) Whether you have a comprehensive disaster recovery strategy, including usable backups

6) Whether you’ve checked the SQL Server errorlog and Windows event logs for evidence of h/w problems

7) Whether you’ve made an recent h/w changes

8) Whether all your firmware/drivers are up-to-date

Thanks

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• what happened to all the post under data corruption?

• Can you help me with this issue?

After EMC SRDF sync, MSDB DB will go in a SUSPECT STATE. I am not an expert in SQL troubleshooting but you post some queries so I can run them on our servers. We are experiencieng database issues on a ms clustering. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone with experiences syncing up database over the WAN using SRDF? I'm not an expert in SQL but when we do an SRDF, the msdb database in <target cluster> remains in a "suspect state". We manually have to restore MSDB database to the target database. Any ideas regarding EMC SRDF? This is not a full SRDF, it's a DELTA SRDF (Updates to existing databases) syncing up database accross the WAN. A full SRDF will take days so we just sync up updates.

Assumptions:

- We are using MS Cluster on both sites

- Both sites have over 4 Terabytes of DB data

- We unmount the DB to flush any cache before SRDF (Source unmount)

- Once SRDF is done, we break the sync/split SRDF and bring one site online. Source Site is OK but the Target Site has corrupted or suspect databases.

Please help! What are we doing wrong?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply