About sql server carrier.

• Hi All,

This is prashant.I have completed my b.tech in electronics and communication engg.I m working on .net and my favorite subject is sql server.i want to be a sql server dba.is there any oppertunities for freshers in sql server dba.please reply me,i am confusing in choosing my carrer.

thank you

• The role of the DBA is generally considered somewhat vital to the organizations that hire one. So, in general, they don't hire people with zero experience. There are exceptions to this, but I think I'm safe in saying that it is generally the rule. So, as someone just getting started with their career, you're better of spending time in .NET learning how to develop, and, where possible, do as much of that development as possible with SQL Server backends. There you'll be responsible for writing queries, working on structures, and developing knowledge of how the database server works. That will position you to try to move into a more data focused position later in your career (I'd say 2-3 years down the road).

But, this is just an opinion.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• you'r correct.thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply