We used Lumigents AuditDB (Entegra at the time) in the past to capture log information in a db then replicate the information to another database. Using this and we noticed that the log re-engineer was not 100%... very close though.
We also used Log Explorer to view the questionable data and it could not correctly re-engineer the log information as well. This only happened maybe 1 out of 10,000 transactions so it’s not very noticeable in Log Explorer but much easier to find in the AuditDB database. We worked with support for about a year and eventually had to cancel the license because we needed 100% reliability. Support was very knowledgeable and easy to work with but we just could not identify the reason for the failed re-engineering of the log transactions. It’s been a couple of years so hopefully they have it fixed. To their defense it is very complicated to restore SQL Server logs since they only store the net changes and not the complete column. For example if you change “HAT” to “HATS”, the log file only stores “S”.