A Fun Distraction

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item A Fun Distraction

• ROUGE 1! :alien:

Really hope I get to see this film on the Big screen. Also hope I get to spend time with my family. My kids are 17 years old but we still love playing board games so with luck we will get a chance to play again.

Have a good break, a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

• Rougue One (booked)
    • 10 day holiday in Lanzarote to recharge after too many hours this year (leave on Tuesday!!!)
    • Time with the family (see above)
    • Finish some books I have started (besides pool)
    • Continue new fitness regime - already started on cross trainer (continue in pool)
    • Paperwork catchup to start 2017 in a better position than I did 2016
    • Write editorials for SSC (not creeping, I really do have a couple of bad ideas)
    • Cocktails

Merry Christmas all!!!

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Christmas means going to the football (soccer), at least for me in the UK. With the young lad, and friends.

Getting absolutely leathered A few enjoyable cocktails and interesting craft beers with various esteemed colleagues and associates

Building lego and other contraptions with the kids - I've got a great marble run to build. Can't wait until they are old enough to do some Mindstorms - I'm holding off a year or two.

Books - I'm going to finally read the last 2 books of the Hyperion series, also Cialdini's new work, Pre-suasion.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/15/2016)

...watch some of the classic sci fi[/url]...

Watched most but less than I guessed I would have done. Good list. Good avoid list too - I have suffered some of them and can concur.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• It's Rogue One tomorrow night for me.

Sunday is a day with the family on the local preserved railway. There's Santa Special trips and we're going along to see the niece and nephews. I think there might be a couple of beers required after that experience.

The whole clan is going away for New Year to a house in the South Lakes. There'll be eleven of us and a bump all under the same (large) roof for a week. We just need to find a way to keep my mother out of the kitchen for the duration. So far the best idea is to bury her under a pile of grandkids.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• I can confirm that Rogue One is very, very good 😉

Good list of films that, there are a few on the 'good list' that I haven't seen yet, and I've always wanted to see Zardoz.

• Midnight Mass

and then (post turkey ) some PC gaming catch-up:

Fallout4

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Civilisation 6

Wolfenstein : new world order

• PAH-440118 (12/16/2016)

ROUGE 1! :alien:

Really hope I get to see this film on the Big screen.

I must admit to wondering whether this was some dodgy French film I needed to track down :hehe:

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (12/16/2016)

PAH-440118 (12/16/2016)

ROUGE 1! :alien:

Really hope I get to see this film on the Big screen.

I must admit to wondering whether this was some dodgy French film I needed to track down :hehe:

They can be pretty quick with the parodies these days, apparently....

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• I'll be writing up some workshop proposals for Penguicon 2017, for the writing and anime tracks. And completing a couple musical instrument cases, and trying to get some practicing done.

For SF, I'd recommend the anime series Planetes- it's 'realistic' in its approach, with good storyline and characters, but there probably isn't a lot to appeal to little kids.

• Geoff.Sturdy (12/16/2016) some PC gaming catch-up:

Fallout4

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Civilisation 6

Wolfenstein : new world order

HELLO. I'm going to see if these will run on my current crappy laptop.

Rogue One this evening for me.

• Hi Beatrix

They are all 64-bit games , I had to buy a new PC (the first in 10 years) in order to run them

• How do you think they'd run on a new Mac* (with DualBoot or something)? My Windows machine has genuinely started wheezing recently.

* I don't have one yet 😀

• don't really know much about Macs - it might be a good move to google it 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply