A Detailed Case Study

• The March Issue of the SQL Server Standard is now available and it's another groundbreaking issue for us. It's a complete case study, top to bottom, of how SQL Server fits in a small company.

We've taken our very own Andy Warren's company, Hancock Information Group, and gotten a collection of articles from his development team on how they view, use, and develop with SQL Server. We've got a variety of articles, including ones on:

• Dynamic Reports in Reporting Services
    • Is Certification Worth It?
    • An Email Robot
    • Building a Junior DBA
    • and more ...

It's a collection of writings from a typical corporate development team that deals with the same issues, challenges, and problems that most of you deal with. At least they're the same types of things I've dealt with for years. And it's nice to have different perspectives and ideas on how one company implements a solution while also seeing other solutions from the same company. So you know that all these things have to work together.

Just as January was an issue completely devoted to Yukon, this one is another break from the typical random collection of articles that appear in most magazines. It was a brainstorm that we came up with last year and have spent the last six months putting together.

I hope you enjoy it and we'd love to get some feedback on what you think. And if someone out there has other unique and interesting ideas or things they'd like to see in the magazine, let us know.

Steve Jones

• I tried pulling down the .pdf for March but got January's ish?  Anybody else had trouble? 

• Steve,

In the 3/22/05 edition of SQL Server Central you asked for comments on the SQL Server STandard March periodical. Here's a comment:

Holy [beep]! I have never read content that is more relevant to my situation and needs. This is one of the best periodicals I've read.

I say that primarily because of its relevancy to my situation. I've been doing software development for a while and slowly but surely getting deeper into SQL Server. This edition of the periodical has hit two home runs after reading only two articles (email robot and Data Store or Dev Platform). Real-life stories that help me relate to, understand, and learn so much from what other people are doing "out there".

Thank you so much for a great edition of the publication. I would love to see more of that same kind of content from the same group of writers as well as others.

Kevin Jones

• Kevin,

Thanks, but send a note to Andy and his team (awarren@sqlservercentral.com). They really made it work!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply