A Break from Databases

• I agree that Real Steel was fun escapist flair, I also really enjoyed Man On A Ledge that came out recently.

• Awesomo (2/24/2012)

I recommend "The Guard". It features excellent acting from Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle, with Gleeson as an Irish cop and Cheadle as a visiting FBI Agent. Plenty of rolling around laughing moments, but also thriller elements as the guard tries to deal with international drug dealers.

Definitely my favourite film of last year.

I really enjoyed The Guard, and I second the recommendation.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• Eric:

Eric M Russell (2/24/2012)

For the past several years, I find myself walking up the theatre, reviewing the movie lineup, and then most of the time I'll just walk away disinterested. The same goes for movies On-Demand and NetFlix. I'm mostly into TV series now.

I did watch "The Company Men" and enjoyed it.

Can you recommend any TV series? I've watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad, but I don't have the time to get into it.

The only network shows I watch regularly are Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• "Dolphin Tale" is one of the other hanful of movies from 2011, and it was one that me and the family enjoyed together.

For TV series, "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" should win an award for something; but it's definately not appropriate for the wife and kids.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Peter Maloof (2/24/2012)

Eric:

Eric M Russell (2/24/2012)

For the past several years, I find myself walking up the theatre, reviewing the movie lineup, and then most of the time I'll just walk away disinterested. The same goes for movies On-Demand and NetFlix. I'm mostly into TV series now.

I did watch "The Company Men" and enjoyed it.

Can you recommend any TV series? I've watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad, but I don't have the time to get into it.

The only network shows I watch regularly are Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory.

On NetFlix, I like Psych, Legend Of Seeker, The Office (US version), Man vs. Wild, Survivorman, The Riches. On Hulu: Covert Affairs, Body Of Proof.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• I'm restricting myself to only the movies I've seen, which are also nominated for Best Picture in the 84th annual Academy Awards. I've seen The Artist, Hugo, The Help and Moneyball. I think they're all fantastic films, and each deserves the nomination. I believe The Artist will win in this category.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Source Code is a movie I saw recently which was very well done.

• I recommend "Drive", which should have been nominated, and "Midnight in Paris".

Greg

• "War Horse"

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• Real Steel

Smurfs

Sherlock Holmes

Man on a Ledge was enjoyable

The Eagle

Fast Five

Kung Fu Panda 2

Kidnapped

Cars 2

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Captain America

The Three Musketeers

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Count me as another who really enjoyed Moneyball.

Not only is it a true story, it's also an excellent example of Business Intelligence - as applied to professional baseball.

It may even help explain how the Boston Red Sox were able to finally break The Curse of the Bambino, but you'll have to watch the movie to the end to see that part.

• Buck - a documentary about the inspiration behind the Horse Whisperer movie.

Probably not going to win any Oscars, because I don't think he's actually acting.

Not going to win any awards on special effects, on the edge of your seat scenes, or animation either.

Just a simple, humble man, doing good things with and for horses and their owners.

A master at his craft, and dedicated to it.

gthomson

• you wont regret Puss in Boots , nice break from stress .

Rio also was great .

It is all about the genre , some people are very strict about the genre . I find myself able to enjoy all genres (well except musicals )

The degree of enjoyment differs of course .

No matter what genre you do enjoy , take a break from life always and give yourself a treat with a movie . Cools your engine and gives life more meaning .

• mitzoe (2/24/2012)

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but "The Smurfs" was better than it had any right to be. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. I'm not going to outright recommend it, but if you have to see it, keep an open mind and you might enjoy yourself.

(This especially holds true if you grew up with the original Smurfs comics and cartoon.)

I had to go see it with my daughter, and actually enjoyed it.

• Movies: The Help, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Safe House

TV series: I'm liking Person Of Interest....so it should go off the air in a few more months 🙂

Shark Tank is another favorite of mine.

-SQLBill

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply