70-459 help

• I want to pass 70-459 (Transition your MCITP on SQL Server 2008 to MCSE: Data Platform). I'm having trouble figuring out how to study for it. I can't find any books or resources or practice exams specific to that test. I'm guessing it's a combination of 70-464 and 465, but resources for those are hard to find as well.

Can anybody suggest books or practice exams that would be useful?

• Books Online works, otherwise use the books/training resources for the exams which it replaces. Upgrade exams don't tend to get books.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hi ,

I took these exams to move from the MCITP to MCSE, I used the Syllabus to drive my revision then used all sorts of books to learn.

Be aware of the marking scheme too. The exam is 3 hour and split across 2 sections. You need to pass each sub section to pass overall. I failed first time because on Section 1 I scored 650 and section 2 I scored 900( Overall mark was 775) - Pass Mark = 700.

But because I got 650 on section 1 I failed the whole exam ( regardless of section 2 score)... :crazy:

That was news to me..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply