70-443... a grinder!

• Most of the information you need is in the case study, so I skim them to get an idea of what's there, then read a question and refer back to the All tab mentioned above by Animal Magic.

• Maryland,

Hey there, I am currenlty gearing up for 70-444, what did you use to study? I have read the reviews of the Microsoft press book and the sybex and both appear to come up rather short of what is needed to give a decent chance of passing.

Regards,

D.

• Duran (7/10/2008)

Maryland,

Hey there, I am currenlty gearing up for 70-444, what did you use to study? I have read the reviews of the Microsoft press book and the sybex and both appear to come up rather short of what is needed to give a decent chance of passing.

Regards,

D.

The MS press book is really good for this exam, although like with any book if you dont have much practical experience your unlikely to pass. The best thing about the MS book is the cd, if you get 75% plus consistently on the cd exams you will pass the exam. that goes for the 70-443 exam as well.

• I liked the Sybex books for 70-444 & 70-443. I used the Microsoft book for 70-431 which I bought before Microsoft published the kit with all three books in it. I thought the Sybex books had a good mix of new features in 2005 and comparison to how 2000 handled it. It also had good "real world" examples that you could apply to your work. The flashcards from Sybex are a good drill tool and the questions at the end of the chapter are better than what I had in the Microsoft text. I think the Sybex books are written by authors in Australia so the examples and humor takes some getting used to, but they are very good overall.

Good luck.

• Hi Guys as I stated in another thread I finished the 70-443 on 23 June 2008. I'm taking a little break until I start the 70-444. The 70-443 is a tough cookie but I ate it first time hehehe. I'm planning on writing the 70-444 November only so will order the Self Paced Training kit begining August or so ...

Congrats to all who passed and Good luck to the guys who have exams coming up 😀

MCITP: Database Administrator 2005
    MCTS SQL Server 2008
    MCP SQL 2012/2014
    MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    MCSE Data Management and Analytics

• I really struggled with 443 & 444, I think I scored '775' on 443 and '763' on 444. 🙁

It was quite unpleasant, both times on the edge.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• Domagoj Orec (7/12/2008)

I really struggled with 443 & 444, I think I scored '775' on 443 and '763' on 444. 🙁

It was quite unpleasant, both times on the edge.

i wouldnt be unhappy with those results!

• hello all.

have they added simulation to the test or not yet?

am planning to take the test in the next 2 weeks, hope to get it.

..>>..

MobashA

• mobasha (7/17/2008)

hello all.

have they added simulation to the test or not yet?

am planning to take the test in the next 2 weeks, hope to get it.

No there are no simulations, just mini case studies (about 6 or 7 of them)

• Now I'm worried!

I've got my exam this weds coming (2 days time!) and was reasonably confident; Not so sure now!!!

• Yes 443 is a bear! My only advice is read the question then scan the material to get the answer.

BTW I scored exactly 700 on 444. I know where the edge is.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow,The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.

• thats was on the edge but its good to see that u passed the exam when the result just pop out on the screen.

am still preparing for the test but my consideration is about how much time u can get for 70-443, is it enough.

..>>..

MobashA

• I passed the 70-443 exam first time but was worried about doing it. I think the time per question is about right but I would say read the question, then scan the scenario and then concentrate on the relevant parts of the scenario. The scenario doesn't always have the exact answers to the questions - you have to read them carefully and use your knowledge of the product to pick the best answer

• Yes I took 431 first then 444 since that seemed more applicable to what I was working on. I have the Self paced training book for the 443 but dread the case studies. According to this book 443 is all case studies but I see from anothers post he only had one.

Anyone have any good advice towards which companies practice test is most applicable to get you ready?

thanks

Kim

Oracle/SQL Database Adminstrator

• Please note: 3 year old thread. Might be better to ask new questions in a new thread.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply