70-432 Study Materials

• Anyone else curious as to why there are so few study materials for this test? There is the MS Press training kit and the Syngress book. Even a lot of the practice exam vendors do not have a 70-432 practice test.

• Im using a combo of the MS Press training book, Measure up tests and books online.

I read the book cover to cover and done most of the examples.

Next I have taken the measure up test quite a few times on learning mode. Each time i get a question wrong, i take note of the topic and read a bit more about it in books online.

In the next week i will take the measure Up tests in certification mode to prep me for the pace of the exam and also to work on anything else im not so sharp on that could show up in the exam.

Im preparing to take the exam in October so il let you know if my methodology works. This worked for me for the 431 exam, but already Im finding this exam a little more difficult in spots ( and easier in others)

• Hi Smith,

Your preparation method is absolutely fine. Myself also following the same pattern. But wish to have some books to refer regarding the topics related to exam.

Kindly post if you have any other material..

"Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits"

• kruti (8/22/2009)

Can you have any dumps for 70-432? I have found one here.

http://www.**************/70-432.htm

Braindumps are cheating. They are actual questions from the exams, disclosed publically in violation of the NDA on those exams. Using braindumps can result in your certifications been revoked. Promoting them can get your certs revoked and you put on a black list and never allowed to write cert exams again.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • using brain dumps, along with ensuring you dont learn, and risking having your certification revoked, and being banned from taking any further certifications, also lowers the value of the certification for people who genuinely studied for it and learned something from it.

Regarding books, im just using Books online and the microsoft self paced training book for the 432 exam:

http://www.amazon.com/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-70-432-PRO-Certification/dp/0735626057

Note there are numerous errors in this book and I would not recommend it. Oddly, the 2005 ( 70-431) version was much better, so i would recommend someone use the sql server 2005 version, and then learn the new topics ( resource governance, policy managment, performance counters, compression) from books online.

• Back to the orginal question please.

People who use dumps are going to use dumps. Preaching to them about NDA violations and it being unethical is not going to change anything. This has been going on since cert test became popular back in the mid 90s.

• My guess is that vendors are just behind getting something done. I've seen this before with other exams, often because there weren't enough authors interested, or they were busy on other projects. I've been called a few times in the past because a publisher could not find someone to produce study content.

As far as the braindumps, you are correct in that some people will use them. However many others are not aware that this violates the NDA, or that they can lose their certification because of it. Spreading the information is not a bad thing. I'd actually like to see a page at MS for people that have done so and lost their certification.

• I wrote 432 while it was in beta, just used Books Online to study and MS's exam outline to see what I needed to study. Worked for me, won't necessarily work for others though.

As for the books, my gut feel is that some of the publishers are having trouble getting authors. I saw a recent request for authors for a cert book, the rate offered was abysmally low and the deadline for completion was only 2 months away

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Any recommendations for training"

I've been using the 70-432 Self Paced Training Kit, MS Press Implementation and Maintenance, and found that Reagan's Trust but Verify adage holds true for it, so I'm using BOL a lot too. I've been looking at some of the "guaranteed" exam training sites, but I don't have any experience with them.

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
  • I have cleared MS 70-431. Pls guide which one should I take up next to pursue my careeer as a developer.

• Please post new questions in a new thread. Thanks

Gail Shaw

• I've noticed that these requests for braindumps come up periodically, and there are several people who chime in to tell people the consequences of using them (Gail is probably the most common person writing of the consequences).

Couldn't someone write an article outlining SQLServerCentral.com's official stand on braindumps, then when some newbie posts a request for them, we could just post a link saying "Braindumps are forbidden - see SQL Server Central's Official Stand on Braindump Article"

It would probably save several people a lot of work typing...

• ChrisMoix-87856 (2/17/2010)

It would probably save several people a lot of work typing...

Right-click -> Clippings -> BrainDumps

No typing involved.

Gail Shaw

• It looked like Winston Smith and Steve both composed new responses - that's what I meant by several people.

I just thought it would be nice to have an official policy for the site. Oh well, i just ignore the requests for braindumps anyway. I don;t have a dog in this fight so I'll just shut up 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply